Irrigation of the external auditory canal
Dec 2, 2019 • Latest change Sep 6, 2017
Table of contents
- Before irrigation the ear should be examined.
- What is the indication for irrigating the external auditory canal?
- Is the tympanic membrane intact?
- Irrigation of the external auditory canal as a therapeutic trial in the absence of a diagnosis may delay the diagnosis and even worsen the original condition and can therefore not be recommended.
- After irrigation, the external auditory canal should be cleaned and dried by suction.
Ear, Ear canal, Ear irrigation, Earwax, Earwax removal, External auditory canal, External otitis, Foreign body, Irrigation, Otitis, Otitis externa, Otorhinolaryngology